September 7, 2009

 

garbage food

I admit that I am not a healthy eater. Not even a little bit, actually. One thing that seems to make it hard for me to eat better is what I call the "garbage food" dilemma.

For example: Taco Bell. Their entire menu is basically the same three cheap ingredients (nacho cheese, something that is supposed to be beef, and tortillas) mixed into different configurations. By all accounts, this food should only appeal to dogs and possibly coyotes, yet somehow the fact that they have a fairly extensive dollar menu and a location three blocks from where I live makes going there a frighteningly common experience.



As I sit in on my couch, shamefully eating my "double beef burrito" or "triple layer nachos" I experience a strange sensation. Although I recognize that the food is in fact, disgusting, there is some part of my primitive lizard brain that craves it. Here are some other disgusting, yet somehow irresistible foods:

* Burger King's tacos: What's worse than a Taco Bell taco? How about one made at Burger King? The funny thing is that they don't even use grated cheese, it's just a slice of the processed cheese they use on the burgers. Also, the lettuce is not shredded, it's just the chunky kind that also goes on the burgers. Weird.

* Totino's frozen pizzas and pizza rolls: Sometimes I buy these Totino's products and then eat them, and then I feel bad about the whole rest of the day. Totino's Pizzas! We make your self esteem decrease!

Labels:


Comments:
I HATE those two. The people in the picture, not Burger King and Totino's. I LOVE them. I'm lying. I don't love them. But compared to those other two I do.
 
this is me:

http://apatheticaggie.blogspot.com/
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]