November 10, 2009

 

Remember that thing I was talking about?

Oh yeah, remember how I posted a bunch of pictures of my Austin trip, but then I said that it was just day one? And then I never mentioned it again? That was lame, right?
(Actually the answer to all the above questions is that no one cares since only my mom reads blog nowadays.)

Let's pick up where we left off, day two! The first band we saw was called the Dexateens (which is a name only slightly better than Leatherbag) and they play some kind of fun punk/country hybrid music. The best part was the incredibly goofy-looking bass player. He looks like he's one of the Country Bear Jamboree guys!



Goofy!



The cool thing about the second day was that my good Friend Matt Sweeney came with us since he lives in Austin. He has a huge beard!



After the Dexateens we saw Deer Tick. They were great.



Then we saw The Felice Brothers. Not as good as the Avett Brothers, but still very good! Three and a half stars!



At this point it started to rain quite hard for the rest of the day. Unfortunately, neither my Dad or I brought any kind of poncho or jacket. Here is us trying to get some shelter:





I didn't really take any more pictures that day because it was raining so hard. My Dad's tie-dye shirt ruined his shorts. Funny!



The highlight of day two was The Decemberists, though. They played the entirety of "The Hazards of Love" and it rocked everyone's faces off. Especially this lady:



Her name is Shara Worden and she normally performs as My Brightest Diamond, but as part of the Decemberists, she played the role of the villain in The Hazards of Love. Check out this video of her. She's the one stomping around and being awesome (just fast forward to about 4:55 if you don't want to watch the whole thing):



That was day two!

Labels:


Comments:
I am not the only one that reads blogs. There are other very intelligent people out there that read them along with me. I want to hear about all of our days in Austin.
 
He does have a big beard, that Matt.

A big hip hip for your trip to Austin! It was great fun to see y'all....get it? You came to Texas and I called you both y'all!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]