May 29, 2009

 

what's so red as strawberries in the summertime




Later this summer I'm going to ride my bike from Seattle to Portland.

In anticipation of this I've been going on 20-30 mile bike rides after or before work a few times a week. It's been pretty great since Cache Valley is more or less breathtaking this time of year.

Yesterday I was cruising through Amalga (or somewhere around there) and a bird that had been sitting on the side of the road flew right into my front wheel. I tried to swerve but it came at me too fast.

At first I was afraid it would lock up my wheel and I would go flying off the front of my handlebars, but all I heard was the small crunching noise of his bird neck fracturing.

On the way back I saw the bird on the side of the road but I didn't stop to look at it. Is it weird to think that killing a bird in the spokes of your bike is kind of manly and awesome?

Labels:


Comments:
Is this picture a picture of the actual bird? Didn't it give you the creeps to hear that sound? I think it is gross, but great that you are out biking.
 
Your manliness amazes me. Wanna go riding together? I finally learned to clip in....I'm legit!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]