March 17, 2009

 

wha happen?

The other day in my "capstone" class (the last major course you have to take) we were told to create profiles on pretty much every social networking site available in order to aid in the job search. I did this, but I doubt I'll use them very much. The one site that seemed interesting to me was twitter, even though on the surface it seems like a huge waste of effort. I had heard of twitter before, but since I rarely even use the status feature on Facebook I never joined.

So far my favorite part is following the tweets(?) of semi-famous people like Wil Wheaton from Star Trek: The Next Generation (he's a huge nerd!) and John Hodgman. Also, Shaq seems completely insane the more I see what he writes.

Anyone here use it? Want to be my twitter friend? If not you can still see my meaningless blather here on the sidebar.

http://twitter.com/ChaseMcMurdog

Labels:


Comments:
I am pretty sure I fell asleep one night having never heard anything about Twitter and woke up the next morning to every TV and radio show inviting me to "Twitter" them or whatever. I'm not sure how I completely missed that phenomenon.

On a side note, were you floored by texting and iPods when you came home from your mission? I hadn't heard of either before I left for America do Sul (or America del Sur as you would say...actually I am making us sound like douches...we'll both say South America...I feel better).
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]