March 18, 2009

 

get off my lawn

I have recently noticed a sign that I might be getting older and possibly out of touch. I at least think that I'm still au courant but I could be wrong. Anyway, the main sign of my impending oldness seems to be that I cannot stand anything to do with teenage culture. I hate teenagers. Especially their clothes.




Seriously, this kind of thing makes my head hurt. If I were still teen-aged I wouldn't appreciate looking like the lone survivor of a modern art museum explosion.

Ditto to the whole American Apparel/retarded retroism that the youngish hipsters favor. Check out these lensless glasses! I'm full of style! I was literally not alive in the 80's but I still think it's hilarious to dress like I'm on the set of Bill and Ted's excellent adventure! I don't remember where I read this but someone described these kids that wear a lot of American Apparel as dressing like 9-year-olds at gymnastics sleepaway camp circa 1987. LOL.




I know what you're thinking, and yes I have perpetrated many fashion misdeeds in my time (let's just say that I owned and frequently made use of a puka shell necklace) so clearly, I'm not above scrutiny. Even my own personal brand of style, something I call the "homeless cowboy™" isn't that cool. Doesn't mean I still can't hate on others though, right?

Labels:


Comments:
Chris may or may not have shown me pictures similar to the first two you posted. Not to make fun of...but because he wants to buy them...I guess Chris is one of those hipster teens...
 
Chris wishes he was still eighteen.
 
I was just about to make fun of myself when I realized that two of the people that I love the most beat me to it. I guess it's the price I pay for trendiness.
 
I cannot tell you how many times the words "damn kids" have come to my mind in the last two or three years. I hate teenagers, I hate their clothes, and I hate their attitude. I started becoming very aware of how not-with-it I am pretty recently. I took solace in the fact that there is a new Kanye West song that I really like...so maybe I am not completely un-young quite yet.
 
so there's this guy that works down the street at a tattoo parlor. he is always wearing this black hoodie with a ribcage on it.. like a skeleton. it's wierd. your pics reminded me of it. but DON'T go out and buy it.. it's not cool (you either chris!).
 
You can ALWAYS still hate others, Chase. And may I say that after working in the overindulged suburb high school of Cedar Park, Texas I can only shudder in absolute accord upon reading this post. May I add my distaste of the Ugg boots.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]