January 25, 2009

 

Mark Gormley goes to 11

Not to get too meta, but I've been carrying around a little pad of paper this week to write down ideas for future blog posts and all I have to show for it are the following hastily scribbled notes:

"The worst movies I've ever seen? The best movies? Movies? The?"

"All the crotches of my jeans are ripping this week!" (really, I mean this isn't a joke or anything)

"Harmonicas are kind of weird if you think about it"

"Why I don't like Sun Chips"

"I seem to go through floss a lot quicker than my roommates"

Although all of those topics are top notch, I think I will just use the lazy blogger's best friend: the funny you tube video.

By way of introduction, when I first saw this video I was convinced it was an elaborate parody produced by Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. No my friends, this is a brutally sincere attempt at a rockin' music video and it was made in the year 2008.



That was INTENSE right? I think Mark Gormley (who looks like he has to be a science teacher at a middle school) just rendered all future music superfluous by his sheer INTENSITY. Did you see the "power stance" he throws out at about 1:48? I can't imagine what the director would be saying to him as he was shooting: "OK good, keep standing ram-rod straight with your arms to your sides! Now shift your weight awkwardly to your right foot! Good! Again!"

More power stance!:

Labels:


Comments:
"Don't play around with my affection, woman!" Gormley has some pretty sweet lyrics.

I think Bandolier should do a cover of this song. Consider it.
 
I'm pretty sure I saw that guy on, "To Catch A Preadator." My favorite part is the split screen. There is no way that that is his real voice. By the way, it's Cartoon Network not Cartoon Central.
 
Fixed, Chris. (IT IS HIS REAL VOICE DAMMIT. IT HAS TO BE.)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]