December 3, 2008

 

7. Fleet Foxes: (self titled)



Hey, more indie folk! Brace yourselves though, because there are still a few more like this to come.

Anyways, what separates Fleet Foxes from the teeming hordes of Devendra Banhart listening, patchouli oil smelling, organic farmer's market visiting pseudo-hippies are their incredibly detailed vocal arrangements and tight harmonies. I had the chance to see them open for Wilco this summer and they sang like angels—dirty, unwashed angels.

The Foxes aren't just one trick ponies however; they mine the whole spectrum of Americana, from gospel to old-time music. The track I posted has a sort of "Beach Boys stranded in the Ozarks and forced to sing for their inbred hillbilly captors" vibe that I really enjoy.


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Labels:


Comments:
You really should have called your band, "One Trick Ponies". I like how it rolls off the tongue and it has western references. Think about it.
 
It's Bandolier! It has to be! I don't think I can go through changing band names again.
 
Was the Banhart comment a stab at me?

I like this album too. I wished they played longer at the Wilco concert. I have a serious crush on Robin Pecknold. That beard.....oh my, it does things to me.

Do you like how I always comment about being turned on? Yep.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]