November 6, 2008

 

personality quirks are fun, and funny!


My friend Amber tagged me to list 6 of my "quirks." To be honest, my quirks could be more accurately described as personality flaws. Here are the top six reasons that you probably don't want to be friends with me anymore.

(I almost didn't do this because my blog isn't really about me as a person so much as a monument to my own cleverness. Don't expect more soul baring anytime soon.)

1. I am lazy. Yes, I work full time and go to school full time, yet somehow I am still very lazy and I seem to be getting lazier as time passes. I expect to be out on the street in a few years, laying on top of a huge pile of garbage bags, my head tipped back, mouth agape, in the off-chance that a few drops of rain might fall in, thus relieving me of the chore of drinking liquids to maintain life.

2. My talents allow me to be mediocre at a lot of different things. After a quick round of painful introspection I have concluded that although I have many hobbies, (songwriting, comic drawing, short story writing, visual design stuff, snow riding, banjo playing...) I'm not particularly good at any of them. Think of me as a failed jack-of-all-trades.

3. I'm a music/movie/pop-culture snob. Maybe my snobbishness helps me feel better about how I'm not that good at anything? I guess I can always take solace in my superior tastes!

4. I never keep in touch with anyone I don't see on a regular basis. Seriously though, I'm a bad friend and if I don't happen to live/work with you, don't expect much.

5. I tend to get obsessed about things with little provocation. (For an example of this see my post concerning my month-long Osmond Family obsession.) This means that if I were to ever start using hard drugs, goodbye life! Also, I tend to scare off potential love interests with my laser-guided affection bombs.

6. I'm really non-photogenic, like, big time. Not that I always look bad (although that's usually the case), but I just never look like myself. Be prepared to wonder who the Asian lady is in your wedding photos only to realize that it's me with my eyes closed. Sorry.

Labels:


Comments:
I like the part about laser guided affection bombs.
 
Probably no one will have to worry about the pictures in Number 6 because after they've been exposed to Numbers 1-5 you won't be invited to their weddings anyway.
 
Chase, you're funny. And I like you. I'm glad Alec and I stalked you and added you to our blog without you knowing it. We are so freaky.
 
If I were single and/or still a student, I would definitely keep my facebook. These days it seems to be the best way to stay in the loop. We had some married friends over the other day and we talked about how myspace was for high school (or bands), facebook was for college, and now blogs are for married people. I don't look down on you for having a facebook. Ditch it when you get married, though. It is liberating. Also, glad to see you will keep it real with a gold band when you get married (I saw your earlier post).

P.S. Barack Obama is a communist homo. Pass it on to your coworkers.
 
i don't like that you labeled this "brutal self evaluation". there's nothing brutal about telling others what makes you wierd! also, you'll have a chance to keep in touch with me next month, i'm comin' out for a visit! :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]