November 25, 2008

 

9. Horse Feathers: House With No Home


In House With No Home, Horse Feathers has managed to combine two of my major musical fetishes: backwoodsy Gothic-folk like Iron and Wine and multi-part string arrangements a la "Eleanor Rigby." That they manage to do this without sounding precious or like Bob Dylan clones is pretty amazing. Right now I am seeing a growing number of bands with roughly this same aesthetic and I absolutely love it. If you like this, there is a band called Breathe Owl Breathe that sounds similar, only with more banjo. Check out the track below, which is so good that the rest of the album could suck and I would still put it in my top ten (the rest of the album is great though).


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Labels:


Comments:
Hey, this is your cousin Jason's wife Elizabeth. He pointed me to your blog and I've been enjoying all your music posts. You have great recommendations and you've introduced us to some bands we really enjoy. Thanks!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]