August 13, 2008

 

Summer Muxtape



I'm not really feeling like I want to write something and I haven't done anything notable in weeks. There was talk of a post about the very worst baseball mascots that I was going to write in conjunction with Chris but I don't really feel like it anymore.

Instead, here is my summer muxtape. I spent a while trying to find different songs that have become the aural blueprint of my summer. Trying to get the thing to flow correctly is tougher than it seems. Rob from High Fidelity explains it this way:

The making of a great compilation tape, like breaking up, is hard to do and takes ages longer than it might seem. You gotta kick off with a killer, to grab attention. Then you got to take it up a notch...There are a lot of rules.


Summer is dead. Long live summer.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
What do you do after you kick it up a notch?...and why?
 
BORING!

Just kidding, I just wanted to sound like I knew something about music. To be honest, your taste in music intimidates me because of your intense wealth of musical knowledge.

Wilco on Monday? Call me.
 
Chase im pleased as punch i came across your blog. I remember years ago you sent an email with talk of those who really cared would keep up with it, im ashamed. Anyway, I just went through your last several posts and couldnt stop laughing. Word
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]