July 16, 2008

 

I love my job

My position at work requires me to walk around talk with various people in the office in order to give them paperwork and what-have-you. Here is a rough approximation of a conversation I had this morning (note: I have edited some of the words in order to maintain a PG rating).

ME: Hey, can you talk to the customer and get it back to me later? (I hand her a paper)

WOMAN (on the phone with someone): NO! I DON'T WANT TO WAIT FOR YOU TO FIGURE YOUR **** OUT! WHY CAN'T YOU JUST GET TAYLOR READY AND TAKE HIM TO GET HIS ***DAMN HAIR CUT???

ME: (I make a sympathetic face and wave my hand like I'm about to leave)

WOMAN: SERIOUSLY!! WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM? (Waves her hand towards herself as if to beckon me to stay until she is done with the phone call)

ME: (I make the "no really, it's OK." Face and start to back away)

WOMAN: LISTEN, I CAN'T TALK ABOUT THIS RIGHT NOW! I'M TRYING TO WORK YOU STUPID PIECE OF ****!!! (Covers the end of the receiver with her hand and smiles at me) OK, I'll get this back to you today. Thanks! (Said in a warm friendly voice)

ME: All right, thanks. (I turn and start walking away)

WOMAN (Back on the Phone): JUST DO IT! WHY ARE YOU OVERREACTING LIKE THIS???!!?!?!? (Slams the phone down and takes a deep breath)

Labels:


Comments:
Are you not doing emails anymore?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]