February 14, 2008

 

The Post to End All Posts

Well, I have been neglecting my sacred duty as a blogger the last few weeks. To all you avid readers out there, I apologize. I have been busy lately with school plus I got a new.........

....computer. It is amazing. I also bought Adobe creative suite since I use it constantly at school. I have been doing a lot of designing for my production class, I will have to make several book covers and some other stuff in the next few weeks. Here is a book cover I made the other day (I don't really know how to use the program very well yet so don't judge too harshly):



In other school related news, the website I designed for a class last semester was chosen as the winner of a departmental contest for best online portfolio. I have had the link on here for a while, it says "Portfolio." Unfortunately, there is no prize money involved, just a mention on the English department web page and in the STC (society of technical communicators) newsletter. I was actually kind of disappointed in how it turned out, so I guess the competition wasn't very good.

I guess to make this post worthy of its title I will have to pull out all the stops. Here are a few poems I wrote in a moment of boredom in class the other day. Cower before my creative genius!!

A Haiku about a mustache:
Furry upper lip!
brings distinction and pride
it only took a week

A short Poem about rejection:
You said that you would love me forever
I was unaware
that forever
meant last Tuesday

Ode to a dusty computer monitor in the lab:
Here you sit, used by all
yet loved by none
the scorn of a thousand eyes
has ravaged your fair display

Where will your place of rest be
once you have spent your worldly fervor?
A garbage pail?
Or heaven?

Labels: ,


Comments:
I like the poem about rejection, that was my favorite. Except in my case, it was a Sunday.

I got a new Mac last month and I haven't figured it all out yet, it takes me FOREVER to do anything on it.....
 
chase, i'm jealous about the computer! i bet it's nice! also, hi! haven't talked to you in a while!

and my favorite haiku on mustaches. very nice.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]