December 4, 2007

 

A Question


Everyone please read and respond to the following question:

You work in an office, performing a job you find satisfying (and which compensates you adequately). The company that employs you is suddenly purchased by an eccentric millionaire who plans to immediately raise each person's salary by 5 percent and extend an extra week of vacation to all full-time employees.

However, this new owner intends to enforce a somewhat radical dress code; every day, men will have to wear tuxedos, tails, and top hats (during the summer months, male employees will be allowed to wear gray three-piece suits on "casual Fridays"). Women must exclusively work in formal wear, preferably ball gowns or prom dresses. Each employee will be given an annual $500 stipend to purchase necessary garments, but that money can only be spent on work-related clothing.

The new regime starts in three months.

Do you seek employment elsewhere?

Labels:


Comments:
Have you seen how much formal wear costs? You wouldn't be able to get more than one dress! I would totally do it if they increased the clothing stipend.

I assume this job would be unlike my current one, which requires a wardrobe to be completely washable, bendable, snot-nose uponable, etc...
 
I think working like that would be freakin pimp for a little while. However, I would probably seek employment elsewhere considering that tuxes with tails are cool but not after you've worn them everyday for a month...
 
(this is Robbie) Is the picture of the guy in the tux from that old T.V. show where the manaquine(s) came to life at night? What was the name of that show anyway?

I want my guitar back by the way!
 
the show was called "Today's Special" I think. It was a creepy show. I don't think I would dress up for a job like that. It would take too long to get ready in the morning. Unless I started sleeping in the tux at night. That might work.
 
I love prom! sure I'd work there
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]