December 14, 2007

 

Beards.org

Well, classes are over for a while, and I have gotten through another semester without flunking out, or going insane.

Just now I was looking for a picture of a crazy sleeping homeless man for my profile picture (some of you may think that using photos of actual homeless people as "mascots" for my blog is cruel...and you're probably right), and I came across this website.

It truly creeped me out.

I then spent waaaaay too long reading the various "success" stories, looking at the creepy gallery of beards, and then my personal favorite, the "beard blog" where important questions like, "should you have natural neck and cheek lines on your beard?" are discussed.

What strikes me as funniest aspect of the site is that they are so earnest in their "mission," that is, the promotion of manly and awesome beards for all mankind. They want to support you in your own life-changing, beard growing journey.

Also, the whole site reeks of homo-eroticism, just look at some of the pictures.

Here is part of "Dave's" success story; it sounds like they are talking about surviving breast cancer or something:

How do you like being a full-bearded man?

I love it. It has changed my appearance in a very positive way. Everyone is so supportive of my growth, and a lot of people are very excited to see how big my beard is going to get. I feel a lot more comfortable with a full beard than I did with a shaved face. I also noticed that the skin on my face is as healthy as it has ever been since I have had my beard. I don't have one thing to say negative about being a fully-bearded man.

How have people reacted to your beard? How do you feel about their reactions?

I have received mostly positive reactions. Everyone thought I was crazy for starting my beard during the hot month of July. But now even those people who just shook their heads like my beard and are looking forward to its growth.

Did he just say,"even those people who just shook their heads like my beard and are looking forward to its growth"???? Who "looks forward" to anyone's beard growth?

I will leave you with this singularly disturbing photo of someone's neck-beard:

Labels:


Comments:
That's gross.
 
I'm sure you're saying that same thing about my picture. I know how much you love it when I make this face.
 
Okay, I used to sort of like the occasional (nicely trimmed) bearded face. But now.... I don't know what to believe anymore. You're really shaking my faith.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]