September 4, 2007

 

The Listening Rock Part II



Recently I have been loving the following 3 albums:

Emotionalism by The Avett Brothers: I know the name of the album sounds like it was written by a 14-year-old girl, but this is a neo-classical pop album under the guise of a bluegrass revival band. Don't get me wrong, they still play upright bass and banjos, but the melodies and attitude are more Abby Road than Nashville. Seriously, really good.

Andorra by Caribou: This is like weird surf/psychedelic stuff that Brian Wilson made when he was crazy and on acid. It's super dense and sounds awesome in headphones turned up really loud.

Time (The Revelator) by Gillian Welch I'm about 6 years late one this one, but it's great. Really beautiful melodies, but recorded in a very understated way that doesn't call attention to itself like most country music. If I had a friend who dismissed the entire genre (which no self respecting music fan should do with any genre) this is the album I would give them to show them how great it can be.

So, fire up the ol' bit torrent and check them out.

Labels:


Comments:
Dude, I am a big Broncos fan. Are you a country fan? Now that is lame Chase.
 
Your blog is hilarious my wife was laughing her head off. I have a long way to go
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]