August 3, 2007

 

Great Ideas I've Had While Dreaming That Turned Out to Be Ridiculous And Stupid



1) I once had a dream that I was running for President of the United States, and it was not going well. I was stumping in St. George (standing on a baseball field surrounded by the red rock cliffs) and a large crowd had gathered to listen to what I had to say. My platform consisted mainly of the fact that all the other leaders and politicians in the country were "fat-cats" and "out of touch" and "old." The crowd began to grow restless and then started chanting slogans about how I was "just a kid" and much too young to know anything. I was forced to end my speech early. Then a 16-year-old kid got up and started speaking and they cheered wildly. What a bunch of hypocrites.

2)In one dream I was hired to be a stand-up comedian at a gas station. I stood outside by the pumps and told jokes to the customers while they pumped their gas. I was generally successful, as I remember. The bit that got the best reaction was about how people had "neutral faces." You know, when you're not making a happy face or a sad face, but just a face that has no expression tied to it? What's the deal with that? All the customers thought this was very funny. I seriously considered a career in comedy for the first 5 minutes after I woke up.

3)The idea to market a full line of silverware made of plastic. In my dream the idea seemed revolutionary. I remember a meeting with a group of investors where someone remarked, "These plastic spoons will outlast us all."

Labels:


Comments:
Maybe president campaigning in St George isn't your thing but a career in comedy seems to have a nice appeal when you throw in fine plasticware. I would have registered for your sporks if I had known or hired you as the wedding singer/stand up as long as you promised no political speeches.
 
I remember in the mission when we would have some serious dream interpretations and pillow talk. Ypu need to come and visit. One because I'm too poor to go over there and two wouldn't you want to be in Hawaii more than i want to be in Utah? Oh well....
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]